Things To Do in the Barrie and Surrounding Areas This Weekend
Friday Night Flick
Family movie night anyone? Come out this Friday at 6:30pm to our Painswick Branch Public Library in Barrie and enjoy this week’s Friday Flick, Alice in Wonderland (1hr 15m).
Barrie's Farmers Market
Interested in some live music, fresh local produce, baked goods and free activities for the kids? Check out Barrie’s Farmers Market on Saturdays 8:00am to noon until April 29th.
Outdoor Fields, Courts & Rinks
Looking for an outdoor activity to do with your friends and family? Why not come out to one of the eight City operated arena ice pads or one of the seven outdoor ice rinks in and around the Barrie Area this weekend?
W.C. Little - Family Expo
March 25th 10am-2:30pm.A family friendly event for the whole community! Check out the talented local artisans & businesses. Admission is FREE to the Public! Please consider bringing a non-perishable item for the Barrie Food Bank! Click learn more to see what vendors are attending.
Sweetwater Harvest Festival
March 25th & 26th Join the Friends of Wye Marsh and Sainte-Marie Among the Hurons for an awesome celebration of maple syrup this spring! The Sweetwater Harvest Festival is the Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre’s biggest fundraiser of the year – and ONE ticket gets you access to TWO fantastic sites.
Start your Sweetwater Harvest experience at Sainte-Marie where you can:
• Swing by the Sweetwater Harvest Arts & Crafts Market
• Learn how the Huron-Wendat might have gathered sap and made syrup in the 1600s
• Take part in educational activities and demonstrations in their award-winning indoor museum.
Then visit the birthplace of Sweetwater, the Wye Marsh! Fall in love with our natural heritage and:
• Wander through the Sugar Bush
• Visit the Sugar Shack to see how sap is turned into liquid gold and enjoy yummy maple taffy cooled on ice
• Warm up by an open fire and roast some Bannock on a stick
• and much more!